Scientists study genetic foods engineering and use it to improve animals and plants. Not only do they hope to solve the problem of food shortages, but they can also cultivate better quality food crops and animals by selecting appropriate genes. But as various researches and experiments have come to fruition, previously unanticipated consequences have gradually emerged. In the end the emergence of genetically modified food will have what impact?
Benefits: Increased production, better quality of genetic foods
Genetically engineered crops have several characteristics, which are defined as favorable factors include:
- With the addition of fast-growing genes, it is possible to grow faster and larger, thereby increasing the yield of crops. Or changing the properties of crops to make them easier to process to reduce waste and lower production costs. For more research Click Here.
- Mix genes from different crops to improve the look, taste and texture of food. Even improving the nutritional content of crops, such as increasing the protein content of rice.
- After adding the genes of cold-tolerant, heat-tolerant and drought-tolerant crops, crops can be better adapted to unfavorable growing environments, such as drought.
- Some allergenic ingredients can be removed from food.
- Enhance the resistance of crops to insect pests and reduce the amount of pesticides used.
Disadvantage: Affecting ecological balance
Some environmental and consumer groups have reservations about genetic foods or crops because they believe:
- Genetically modified crops may disrupt the ecological balance, as new varieties may lose some of the organism’s characteristics.
- Pollen and seeds from genetically modified crops could accidentally spread to adjacent fields, altering uncontrolled close traditional varieties or leading to the emergence of “super pests”.
- Should we transfer genes from animals or plants that have never been hybridized to create new breeds?
- There are also concerns that the foods they eat may contain genes from foods they would not eat for religious, health or other reasons, and it is not just a matter of these foods being a health threat. For more health tips visit our site ArticlesHubs.
Many genetic foods focus more on the characteristics of insecticide-resistant genes, and farmers do not need to worry about affecting the growth of crops even if they use pesticides in large quantities. In this case, not only the weeds are killed, but also other harmless field plants and insects are not spared. As a result, the purpose of increasing economic benefits is achieved, but at the expense of the survival opportunities of other organisms in the environment.
This article is reviewed by the consultant doctor of this site. May you can see about Deconstructing Genetically Modified Foods.
One thought on “Are Genetic Foods Good or Bad – Latest Research 2022”